This recipe is featured on our Cancer-Fighting Lifestyle Channel on YouTube. Learn more about this channel and why a healthy lifestyle can help you fight against cancer here.
Baby Bok Choy
Rice Stick Noodles
- Cut 2 green onions, 1/2 scallion, a few baby bok choy, garlic cloves, some ginger, 4 shiitake mushrooms, 1 carrot, 1 lime wedge, some cilantro, and basil leaves to your desired size.
- Put 3 cups of water into a pot and all vegetables into the water.
- Add some black peppercorns, 1 teaspoon of brown sugar, 2-3 tablespoons of soy sauce, 1/2 tablespoon of rice vinegar, and some sea salt to the pot and bring to boil. Then, reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes covered.
- Put rice stick noodles into another pot and pour in enough boiling water to cover the stick noodles. Then, let this sit for 8 minutes with the pot covered.
- Rinse the noodles with warm water, then transfer them into a serving bowl.
- Strain the vegetable soup into the bowl, add lime juice, top with the baby bok choy, shiitake mushroom, and carrot.
- The vegetable pho is ready to serve!
To hear more about the cancer-fighting properties of the shiitake mushrooms and watch how to make this vegetable pho, please enjoy the video below and let us know what you think. Do you have a particular cancer-fighting food you want us to highlight? Let us know in the comments!
Receive our monthly e-newsletter and blogs featuring stories of inspiration, support resources, cancer prevention tips, and more.