This recipe is featured on our Cancer-Fighting Lifestyle Channel on YouTube. Learn more about this channel and why a healthy lifestyle can help you fight against cancer here.
2 eggs (beat the eggs just before cooking)
2 pieces of Firm Tofu
2 tablespoons avocado oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
Sea salt, black pepper, and light brown sugar to taste
3 clove garlic, some ginger, and 1 green onion
1/2 cup water
- Slice 2 firm tofu into cubes, soak them in warm salt water for 10-15 minutes.
- Dice 2 tomatoes into cubes.
- Chop 1 green onion, 3 garlic cloves, and some ginger.
- Add sea salt, black pepper, soy sauce, and light brown sugar to taste to make the stir-fry sauce.
- Beat 2 eggs in a bowl, drain the salted water out of the soaked tofu, coat tofu with egg.
- Add oil to the wok, put in the egg-coated tofu once the oil is warm. Lightly pan-fry the tofu on both sides and then put them aside.
- Put chopped garlic and ginger in the same wok for pan-frying tofu, quickly stir garlic and ginger for a few seconds, then add in the tomatoes and stir gently.
- When the tomato juice comes out, add tofu and the pre-prepared stir-fry sauce. Stir gently to combine all ingredients well.
- Cook for 5 minutes to let the tofu soak up the flavors.
- Add chopped green onion on top.
- Remove everything to a serving plate; the delicious tomato-tofu stir fry is ready to serve!
To hear more about the cancer-fighting properties of tomatoes and watch how to make this Tomato-Tofu Stir Fry recipe, please enjoy the video below and let us know what you think. Do you have a particular cancer-fighting food you want us to highlight? Let us know in the comments!
Receive our monthly e-newsletter and blogs featuring stories of inspiration, support resources, cancer prevention tips, and more.
Additional Reads You May Enjoy:
Cancer-Fighting Lifestyle Recipe: Vegetable Pho with Shiitake Mushrooms