National Foundation for Cancer Research
Position Title: Manager of Digital Marketing
Reports To: Senior Director for Global Programs & Communications
Direct Reports: None
Date: November 25, 2017
Overall Objective: The overall purpose of the position
The Manager is a member of the fundraising team who is responsible for managing the Foundation’s digital marketing and communications programs. Using analytics and working closely with others, the Manager of Digital Marketing manages creative, cross-departmental digital marketing initiatives to meet and exceed the Foundation’s objectives.
Duties: Key functions and responsibilities; what is done is more important than how.
- Works with internal teams and outside vendors to develop, implement and evaluate multi‐channel digital marketing, promotional and fundraising activities; uses analytics and trends to inform decision making; manages multi‐channel advertising, social media, and content marketing.
- Assists in ensuring that the Foundation has the right mix of assets, channels, and tactics to build awareness and support among target audiences.
- Creates digital collateral, including brochures, newsletters, annual reports, mailings, advertisements, event programs and other promotional material to maximize reach and engagement; manages the production and scheduling to ensure timely distribution and the Foundation’s ability to test the effectiveness of each communication activity.
- Proposes and implements initiatives and solutions to achieve identified fundraising and brand-awareness objectives; identifies and tracks key performance indicators.
- Serves as team lead for standard and special digital marketing campaigns; assists with special events, corporate partnerships, and cause-marketing arrangements.
- Uses a data-driven strategic approach to update website content to encourage audience engagement; reports on key performance metrics, including website traffic and conversions, to effectively evaluate and refine marketing tactics; implements enhancement initiatives to maximize functionality and usability of the Foundation’s website.
- Manages relationships with web developers, videographers, graphic designers and professional photographers.
- Serves as brand ambassador to ensure compliance and integration of messaging with all other Foundation communication channels and across the organization.
- Supports fundraising, communications and special events; may handle public speaking appearances, work at fundraising events or attend activities as a Foundation representative.
Accountability: Level of position authority and scope of role
Serves as a member of the Foundation’s fundraising team and is responsible for managing the marketing and digital communication programs. An internally and externally facing individual contributor role. Works closely with corporate partnerships, donor relations, special events and scientific relations staff.
Skills/Competencies: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities; Education/Experience needed for success
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Digital marketing/marketing communications: Proven track record in digital marketing, including content creation for messaging and promotion. Considerable knowledge of digital marketing analytics and search engine optimization. Skill in tracking key performance indicators and making data-driven recommendations. Skill in managing a website, developing and implementing e-mail fundraising campaigns, and using social media platforms. Skill in leveraging publicity to drive fundraising results; proven skill in promoting fundraising events.
- Writing: Excellent command of the English language. Outstanding grammar and written communications skills. Demonstrated ability to develop and execute marketing plans on schedule and write concisely and efficiently to promote the mission of the Foundation.
- Computer: Excellent knowledge and skill in using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Design Suite, and Google analytics. Knowledge of and skill in using Salesforce or other relational database systems.
- Time management/Organizational skills: Skill in working on multiple projects at a time under tight deadlines and in project management overall. Excellent attention to detail and efficient time manager who understands and can execute complex instructions.
- Interpersonal/Communications: Energetic, enthusiastic, rapport-building people person with skill in building and sustaining relationships; a persuasive writer. Ability to work independently, and on a team, and successfully meet goals and objectives. Excellent writer and presenter, with the ability to inspire commitment and action in others. Demonstrates genuine caring for cancer victims and motivated to find a cure.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, marketing, communications or related field.
- Three or more years of experience in digital marketing communications in a nonprofit or academic setting.
- Equivalent combination of training and experience will be considered.
Work Environment: Intermittent or consistent requirements of a physical or unusual nature
Physical demands are representative of those expected of an individual contributor manager in a non-profit organization. Time commitments outside of regular office hours may be frequent.
How to Apply:
NFCR offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package. Please send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.