About the National Nutrition Month Recipe Contest
March is recognized annually as National Nutrition Month. While a healthy diet can positively impact many areas of your life, a poor diet can lead to an increased risk in six of the most common cancer types worldwide. Living a healthy lifestyle and eating a nutritious diet could prevent about 40% of common adult cancers.
NFCR is committed to improving education and awareness around the positive impact of living a healthy lifestyle on preventing cancer.
Through our National Nutrition Month Recipe Contest, NFCR hopes to bring a variety of accessible, healthy, anti-cancer recipes to the public in a fun and engaging way. We hope that this contest and the videos encourage the public to pursue and stick to a healthy lifestyle. In celebration of National Nutrition Month, join the National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) in sharing your favorite healthy recipe.
Contest Requirements and Eligibility
This contest is open to all ages, and international participants, though some prizes may be restricted based on age and location.
To be considered, submit an original, cancer-fighting recipe featuring healthy ingredients.
Additionally, this year we are asking that all participants also share a 20-60 second video highlighting their cancer-fighting food and recipe prep. For more details on video requirements and tips, read this.
Thank you for participating, we look forward to trying your recipe!
- The winning recipe, video, and interview of the contestant will be featured on NFCR’s blog, social media, and YouTube channels with an opportunity to be a recurring contributor.
- 15-minute video discussion with Chef, Mentor, and Cancer Survivor, German Lam!
- Cooking Appliance or Experience – To Be Announced
- Examples: Food Processor/Blender, Air Fryer, Spice Set, Cooking Utensils, Virtual Cooking Class
- Select a Gift from NFCR’s Premium Gift Shop.