Posted: September 19, 2017
Help Support Research for a Cure!
The National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to lead a growing marketing program with one of America’s leading nonprofits in cutting-edge cancer research. The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for developing, managing and leading the development of the digital marketing and fundraising activities for NFCR. The Digital Marketing Manager will report to Vice President of Development and work closely with the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Special Events, Director of Scientific Programs and the Donor Relations team.
This position is responsible for working with the in-house Marketing and Development teams as well as several outside vendors to develop and execute a variety of digital marketing, promotional and fundraising activities. The Digital Marketing Manager serves as a team leader for our standard and special digital marketing campaigns and assists with special events, corporate partnerships and cause-marketing arrangements.
Working with the VP of Development and the Director of Corporate Partnerships and Special Events, the Digital Marketing Manager will develop and implement strategic marketing initiatives in assigned areas including, but not limited to, email fundraising campaigns and activities, promotional and fundraising events, strategic partnerships (as appropriate), and an array of marketing initiatives that promote awareness and support for NFCR. The Digital Marketing Manager will work with the VP of Development and other senior managers to conceptualize, develop, and implement cause-related marketing initiatives to support NFCR’s mission.
NFCR recently completed a comprehensive website overhaul. The Digital Marketing Manager will lead further enhancements of the website’s functionality and usability.
The ideal candidate will propose and implement solutions and initiatives that will achieve identified fundraising and brand-awareness objectives, identify and track key performance indicators and motivate the marketing team members while communicating with and engaging the executive team.
Bachelor’s degree or higher. A preferred emphasis in Marketing or Communications.
Minimum of 5+ years of success in nonprofit digital marketing, including hands-on success in managing a website, email fundraising campaigns, social media platforms, and search engine optimization. Must be very strong on content creation for marketing, messaging, and digital promotion as well as tracking KPIs and making data-driven decisions.
The Digital Marketing Manager should demonstrate the following:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, a congenial personality with proactive, self-motivated work style, positive attitude and willingness to cooperate in achieving team goals and objectives;
- Proven track record of marketing communications (metric examples);
- Proven record of functional leadership of marketing teams, including the ability to develop marketing team member competencies and create an office environment conducive to learning and team work (provide examples of initiatives implemented in previous leadership roles);
- Proven record of thought leadership (white paper or blog examples);
- Ability to organize and execute multiple projects according to marketing plan/schedule and deadlines (provide examples of executed marketing plans);
- Creative thinking in leveraging positive publicity of the organization to help drive fundraising results;
- Proven track record of promoting fundraising events; and
- High level of competency using Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and website design. Experience with Salesforce or other relational database systems and a deep understanding of digital marketing analytics.
How to Apply:
NFCR offers a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package. Please send us a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
The National Foundation for Cancer Research is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides scientists in the lab the funding they need to make game-changing discoveries in cancer treatments, detection, prevention and ultimately, a cure. NFCR distinguishes itself from other organizations by emphasizing long-term, transformative, cutting-edge cancer research. With the help of 5.2 million individual donors over the last 44 years, NFCR has delivered more than $350 million in funding to public education and cancer research leading to several important, life-saving discoveries. Visit nfcr.org to learn more.