The National Cancer Institute (NCI), part of the National Institutes of Health, and the Frederick National Laboratory (FNL) will host the 2022 Technology Showcase on September 7th. The annual event highlights opportunities to license technologies and partner with the NCI and FNL. It is the only NCI-hosted event where companies, entrepreneurs, investors and technology scouts are the target audience.
National Foundation for Cancer Research President and CEO Sujuan Ba will participate on a panel entitled “Non-traditional and Foundation Sources of Support” moderated by Steven Auvil, Chief Program Operations Office at TEDCO; along with fellow panelists Bret Schreiber, Vice President, Life Sciences and Technology, The Fulton Financial Corporation; Ernesto Chanona, Ph.D., Director of Business Development and Government Affairs, CSSi LifeSciences.
- Free, half-day hybrid event
- Features NCI and FNL program and research leaders who will highlight licensing and partnering opportunities
- Features NCI and FNL inventors who will highlight technologies for commercialization and/or collaboration
- Showcases how to partner with the NCI and the FNL including the company perspective
- Includes panel sessions featuring collaboration success stories and topics relevant to commercializing biomedical technology
- Features a Lightning Pitch and Poster Session highlighting additional NIH technologies for collaborative development and/or licensing presented by the NCI Technology Transfer Ambassador Program.
- Keynote presenter, NCI Acting Director, Dr. Douglas Lowy
- Includes the voice of the patient, with comments from a cancer survivor and advocate
- Concludes with an independently sponsored networking event nearby without involving any resources of the Department of Health and Human Services.
Attendees can register to attend in-person at the FNL Advanced Technology Transfer Facility (ATRF) in Frederick, MD or online. Updates including presenters and the event agenda can be found at 2022 Technology Showcase.