For the second year in a row, Play4TheCure and minor league baseball are teaming up this summer to raise money and awareness for cutting-edge cancer research. The program was started by National Foundation for Cancer Research (NFCR) Youth Ambassador Ally Minker.
Inspired by the passing of her grandfather, Ally took it upon herself to motivate others and advance the cause towards a cure for cancer by involving as many baseball teams as possible. Baseball was one of her granfather’s greatest passions and he imparted that to Ally. So naturally, she turned to the community he loved so much to honor his memory.
This year, teams in the Carolina League as well as the Quad City River Bandits have heeded Ally’s call and committed games to the Play4TheCure mission. The growth of the program within the sport of baseball is a testament to Ally’s dedication to serving others and saving lives through cancer research.
Here’s a list of teams participating this year:
- Wilmington Blue Rocks – 7/30/16 – 7:05 PM vs. Frederick Keys – BUY TICKETS and be sure to use promo code “PLAY” | $2 for every ticket sold will go to support cancer research
- Quad Cities River Bandits (Davenport, IA) – 8/7/16 – 1:15 PM vs. Burlington Bees
- Ft. Myers Miracles – 8/11/16 – 7:05 PM – vs. Charlotte Stone Crabs
- Frederick Keys – 8/16/16 – 6:00 PM – vs. Lynchburg Hillcats
- Charlotte (FL) Stone Crabs – 8/20/16 – 6:05 PM – vs. Bradenton Marauders
- Tampa Yankees – 8/27/16 – 6:35 PM – vs. Brevard County Manatees